Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Strategic Direction

I was recently reading an old Jack Welsh book, really straight to the point on every page. I think he is/was an exceptual business man so I do value his insight. It was this quote that go me thinking, which was provided in a response to the constant changing face of business:





Change or die.





Change or die, pretty profound, and as a business operator, quite an uncomfortable statement.





My take, regardless of the fanstastic plans you may have cooked up, the product you have created, the delivery of that product to market, all of these plans and in some cases actions, they need to change an evolve...beacuse they dont always work. And really nor shoudl they. Success in business comes through taking controlled risks, which means doing something and assessing the results. I suppose it is the evaluation and 'next step' that is most important.





I agree 100% and we have recently seen a strategic directional change at Uwanatbet.com. Initially all our effort was going into SEO, and driving traffic via search terms. A fairly common strategy and there are plenty of people happy to take your money and offer their expert services in this area.


Well our initial foray into the world of SEO fell flat. I'm not going to expand on that anymore, other than to say it was this lack of success in the MAIN part of our business strategy, that made me go back to the drawing board.





We are now focusing our attention on JVs with website that have traffic, and using their traffic which in most cases is prequalified, to drive our strategy. And it seems to be working. This new strategy was born out of a less than optimal outcome from strategy no. 1.





Nothing to report as yet however after the initial reluctamt steps into this new way of doing business for us (Change of die!), interest in this strategy has really taken off.





I now write all business strategies in pencil.





Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment